Saturday, May 1, 2010

Ramblings

Tomorrow's the 10 mile Broad Street Run,
And I feel like a student,
The night before a major exam,
Knowing I haven't studied/trained as much as I need to....
And now I'm desperately praying that by some small miracle,
God will give me the necessary smarts/strength to pull through.
That's what I'm hoping for.
What will actually happen?
I'm afraid He may decide to teach me a lesson,
One that I would rightfully deserve.
It's funny how I put my inadequacies and lack of work and diligence,
All on God's shoulders at the last minute,
As if He is supposed to make everything better.
And if by some small miracle I did well,
That would of course be due to my own talents.
Backwards thinking,
I do that to Him a lot.
Anyway,
Ready or not,
Race day is coming tomorrow...
Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment