Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Year of "I Do's"

2011 is the year of weddings for me.  After going to so many weddings, and being a person with my own issues and emotions in regards to marriage, sometimes the whole day can make me feel a bit uncomfortable and uneasy.  
Fortunately this year, I really am joyful and thankful for the unions I do get to witness, mainly because these people are near and dear to my heart.  They include old friends, new friends, siblings, and to top it all off, an island wedding =).  I think why I am so excited to celebrate is because in most of these cases, I know how the Lord has worked in bringing these people together, and it’s such a blessing and encouragement to me to see how the Lord does answer prayer.  
I’m attending a wedding (my 2nd of 5 this year) this weekend, and while I was perusing the website of the beautiful couple, this song from Alison Krauss was playing in the background ….just a beautiful song to enjoy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment