Saturday, October 17, 2009

Brunch, Broadway, BFF's, & the Big Apple

I'm not a big movie buff or enthusiast, but there's something about live theatre that stimulates the senses and grabs my attention more than any Oscar-worthy movie ever could. Aside from one show I remember that was a little over-rated (Rent), I've enjoyed almost every theatre performance seen thus far.
After being told jokingly that "No 30-yr old should want to see The Lion King", I was finally able to make use of a very generous birthday gift and head to NYC to see the play this weekend. It did not disappoint! The show beautifully captured all of the emotion and drama the original movie portrayed.
When you pair a crisp autumn day in NYC with some great friends, some fine brunch dining, and a Broadway play to boot, you certainly couldn't ask for a better way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment