Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Day 4 of 21

Taken From Practicing the Presence of God by Kim West ......

"Do you find that there are times that are harder than others to remember that He is present? My 
suggestion is that you come up with a way that works specifically for you.

For example, I have taught myself that when I feel stressed or upset I will consider that the red 
light on my dashboard which means time to stop. So, I pull over, so to speak, and then I close 
my eyes for just a few seconds, take a breath and simply say, “You are here, Lord.” It is a way 
to re-center myself on Him and put my circumstances back into perspective.

How about you? Is there something that you are learning to do to remind yourself of His 
presence? Are you finding yourself with Him in the good and bad, in the stress and the peace?"

At what times do you really need to remember His presence?
      -  When my thoughts get ahead of me, and I start worrying about the future and things I have no control over. 

Write out how you remind yourself that you are in the presence of God. If you haven’t come up 
with a method yet then it is time to do so.
      - I will look at my bracelet, take a deep breath, and remember the Lord is with me. I will also  recite Psalms 23, which has always brought me comfort.

2 Corinthians 4:7-10 
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will 
be of God and not from ourselves; we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but 
not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying 
about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.

No comments:

Post a Comment