Thursday, December 10, 2009

Video from Matt

So I've come to know of this story from a friend's tweets (yes, I just said that...I knew there was a reason why I joined Twitter.)  The message in the video below is so simple and simply so powerful. I've never heard of this pastor (Matt Chandler) until I saw this, but listen to his whole powerful testimony if you can. 

Video from Matt

Things I'm convicted of as I listen to it for the the umpteenth time:

I'm a person who can easily let worry and fear get to the extreme, to the point where it can stop me cold in my tracks and literally incapacitate my life.  I've easily written it off as "I'm just a worrier, it's natural to think and dwell on the worst-case scenario...I'm just wired to get anxious."  When actually, I'm realizing how much of a sin it is on my part, truly a sin, to live a life that puts so little faith in the Lord and doubts His will during hardships.  I keep hearing the Lord say during those times, "Where is your faith?"  It's so freeing to watch this video from a man, who as he says stands to lose everything, and still says "I am not afraid" because nothing is better than HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment