Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 in Rewind

Seriously folks, where does the time go?  Looking back, this year has been an emotional one, filled with milestones along with some twists and turns, but through it all God has been good and gracious and I thank Him for bringing me to where He has at the close of 2009.  I have to say I’m looking forward to 2010 and seeing what the Lord has planned….for me and for those I love.

Year in Review

1)   Ringing in 2009 (Moroccon style) with some of my oldest and closest of friends
2)   Hosting the Leadership Conference in Philly
3)   Having dinner at Morimoto’s
4)   Seeing both my parents retire after 30+ years of working and enjoying the fruits of their labor
5)   The birth of so many new babies, both of friends and family alike
6)   Continuing with a great group of people into our 4th year of the Romans Bible Study  (and yet we’re still only on Romans 8...we may just be the slowest readers ever =P)
7)   May 2009 being 5 years of practicing optometry
8)   Taking my 8th trip to India with both my immediate and extended family and trying out some new adventures like houseboating
9)   Seeing my 2 younger cousins get married and celebrating with them in their joy (engagements, bridal showers, weddings, etc)
10) Taking a trip to Spain with my best friends to celebrate a new decade of life
11) Turning 30 along with the rest of our 6 (wo)man crew, aka “the Boyz”, and being able to celebrate with most of them
12) Starting a blog!!!
13) Finally getting to see The Lion King on Broadway
14) Watching the Phillies get to the World Series
15) Getting a new Bible (ESV) that’s changed the way I learn Scripture and motivating me to really learn on my own
16) Buying my first car =), and saying goodbye to my Forrester of 9 years (you don’t understand, it was emotional, we’d been thru a lot together)
17) Taking part in the Philadelphia Marathon by running and training for my first 8K
18) Cooking and hosting another Thanksgiving meal
19) The always fun and festive "annual" K White Elephant Christmas party
20) Digging out of the 2nd largest snow storm of all-time in Philadelphia (23.2 inches to be exact)
21) My friend S running a third successful Host-A-Christmas Drive
22) And finally….God bringing people to intersect my life and teach me things about the world and myself, people that have stayed awhile, some that haven’t, but both having an impact and challenging me in ways that have brought me closer to the Lord.

Have a Happy New Year everyone and may 2010 be filled with warmth, kindness, and joy for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment