Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Groundhog's Day

In my 4th yr rotations, the stars were aligned and I happened to be working out in the boondocks of Punxsutawney on Groundhog’s Day one year. I was kinda excited to be around Gobbler’s Knob because apparently they celebrate this "holiday" hardcore and it’s considered a BIG deal in that city.

Can I just tell you, the whole thing was a bit weird…a little freaky actually. When I had some down-time that day, I stepped out of the office to see all the hoopla. It was like a carnival atmosphere in frigid cold weather complete with ice sculptures, carnival booths, people with groundhog’s hats and big flasks of beer walkin’ around drunk and happy….all for a rodent!

I guess I can’t blame them, there’s not much else going for Punxsutawney, PA. =P

So the prediction was:


Happy Groundhog's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment