Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day Weekend

I’m going to be bold here…
And mention Valentine’s Day…
As an unmarried Indian woman in her 30’s…(please sense my sarcasm here =P)

All kidding aside it was a great weekend spent with my best friends in NYC. We started off Valentine’s day with church at Redeemer Presbyterian and hearing a sermon by their senior pastor Tim Keller. I’ve been listening to his sermons online so it was a great pleasure to hear him in person for the first time.

His message was entitled “The Mocking and the Spitting” based off of Isaiah 50:4-11 and was the third sermon in a series called “The Songs of the Servant.” After his sermon which focused heavily on the torture of Christ before crucifixion he says (and I’m paraphrasing here) : “Don’t think I forgot about Valentine’s Day…..who else would love you enough to be tortured and killed just for you.” What a great reminder of a love with absolutely no limits especially on that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment