Monday, January 4, 2010

Never Been Unloved

I have been unfaithful,
I have been unworthy;
I have been unrighteous,
and I have been unmerciful.

I have been unreachable,
I have been unteachable;
I have been unwilling,
and I have been undesirable.
And sometimes, I have been unwise,
I've been undone by what I'm unsure of -

But because of You
and all that you went through,
I know that I have never been unloved.

I have been unbroken,
I have been unmended;
I have been uneasy,
and I have been unapproachable.
I have been unemotional,
I have been unexceptional;
I have been undecided,
and I have been unqualified.
Unaware - I have been unfair,
I've been unfit for blessings from above.

But even I can see
The sacrifice You made for me, to show me
that I have never been unloved.
-Michael W. Smith

I saw this song on someone else’s blog using it to describe their past year and I thought….Yup, this pretty much sums up me and my year as well. What better time than the beginning of a new year to look back, see where you need improvement, and then make resolutions for self-improvement. Let’s be real though, I will still likely be all these things come 2011 (hopefully with some improvements). But despite all my faults, I’m glad I can’t do anything in the next 365 days and beyond, that will ever turn away the love of Christ. 

Here's to a new year.....not dedicated to a list of resolutions, but simply dedicated to growing in God's indescribable love.

And to quote the previous blogger…
From your undone, unworthy, unfaithful, but oh so thankfully never unloved blogger friend =)

No comments:

Post a Comment